Chief Financial Officer
About this role
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the CEO/President and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, job costing, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
- Provides leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Ensures credibility of Finance/Accounting group by providing timely and accurate analysis and reporting of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
- Takes hands-on lead for developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost to revenue system with a focus on KPI’s such as Utilization
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization including month and year end activities
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions
- Provides executive management with advice on the financial implications of the operations of the business and key activities
- Manages processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Provides recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities
- Ensures that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- Prior CFO or financial leadership experience in a small to mid-sized company with business model transformational experience
- 15+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the architecture, engineering and/ or construction industries
- Working for B to B services-based company and experience is highly desirable
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred
- Prior working knowledge and experience with Deltek is desirable but not mandatory
- An understanding of the Entrepreneurial Operating System framework of managing a business is desirable but not mandatory
This firm specializes in high-rise buildings, medical centers, educational & athletic facilities, and conducts seismic evaluations, historical preservation and strengthening of major landmarks—this role is based out of the downtown Los Angeles office.
This position requires a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation. If you have a 24/7 mindset towards management of a business this position could be for you.