Lead Designer - Master Planning & Urban Design
About this role
A multi disciplinary design studio with offices Portland and Kansas city is seeking a design-focused Registered Architect and Urban Designer to join their Portland team . You must be a creative thinker with a strong background in urban design and planning, as well as commercial-scale landscape architecture. This is a design-forward firm that is looking for someone to work with the leadership team of the firm.
- Manage internal project teams and oversee outside consultants
- Manage schedule and budget for master-planning projects.
- Represent the firm at client meetings and oversee the work of other designers in the project.
- Serve as an internal resource and leader for quality control, document coordination and construction administration
- Research and understand regulations, policies, strategies, guidelines and precedents that guide the project
- Develop design solutions that integrate social function, practicality, context, and innovation.
- Engage in design conceptualization utilizing a variety of mediums, including hand-drawing & digital drawing
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience preferably working in an urban design studio with master planning experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Design or Architecture
- Strong design communication skills, including the ability to hand-sketch in meetings
- Demonstrate interest in interdisciplinary practice, recognizing the contribution of social science, sociology, psychology, and other areas beyond the field or architecture
- Must be comfortable presenting to clients and other stakeholders
- Experience leading the design, documentation and implementation of parks, plazas, and other public open spaces
- Experience managing, designing and documenting complex projects from concept design through construction
- Knowledge of languages other than English is a plus
Senior Project Manager - DTLA office
DTLA Architecture firm is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to ensure that their projects are delivered to the satisfaction of their clients and in line with their office standards and financial expectations.