Architect - ESD Lead - National Architecture Practice
About this role
Our client is a leading National Architectural with a well established reputation for success across a variety of sectors. The ESD Consultant is a hands-on role which will provide support and advice to the studio in driving the Environmental Sustainable Design agenda so that this team can provide best practice sustainable design outcomes to reduce and mitigate both the embodied and operational carbon emissions from all projects.
The ESD Consultant will also support the National Head of ESD in the delivery of the national strategy by maintaining open national communication with the equivalent roles in other studios.
- Develop and improve the ESD processes to support a broad range of studio projects
- To provide knowledge and understanding of the available Sustainability rating tools and software programs and their relevant project application and to identify the relevant training required to support their use across the Studios.
- To give expert advice and advocate zero carbon strategies
- To advocate for the studio's ESD credentials to new and existing Clients and at external events.
- To provide early ESD advice on all stages of projects and provide project based ESD feedback as required.
- Prepare energy efficiency studies and low carbon analysis
- Support the input into Energy Rating tools
- To monitor and understand the implications of the continually changing legislation and certification requirements
Knowledge and experience:
- Strong verbal and written communications skills including the ability to explain complex technical issues to a variety of stakeholders.
- Experience in sustainability, low-carbon and resource efficiency, climate change fields.
- Strong design sensibility and experience in delivering integrated Sustainability Initiatives
- Passion for Environmental and Sustainability issues
- Experience in selecting sustainable materials
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to build effective relationships
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Adaptable and forward thinking
- Has experience with, or a good understanding of relevant analytic tools and software
- Degree in Sustainability
- Architectural background
Urban Design Leader
Flex your skills in design, winning work and building your own team. Newly-created, independent role with renowned, international studio. CBD location, bonus incentives, great support. Experience and network within government projects (i.e. transport and infrastructure) advantageous.