Senior Interior Designer / Interior Architect
About this role
Award winning and expanding Architecture firm in New York City seeks a Senior Interior Architect to join the creative team of their prestigious Interiors studio. Their work is built on sound architectural traditions that incorporate innovations in design, materials and technology, creating results that are both contemporary and timeless. This role represents a great opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking for a career move into a collaborative environment, where mentorship and employee development are practiced.
- Run all phases of a project from Schematic Design through Construction Administration.
- Solid experience in interior space planning, sourcing, and specifying FF&E and material finishes.
- High level design experience in a range of project typologies
- Proficiency in developing schematic plans and 3D concepts for a variety of large and small projects.
- Contribute to the leadership of the studio and mentor junior designers.
- Communicate and manage teams both internal and external.
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years related experience.
- Prior experience in successfully collaborating with project teams and coordinating with project consultants/clients.
- Must have experience in one or all of the following sectors: workplace, hospitality, education and cultural interiors.
- A graduate of an accredited Master or Bachelor of Architecture or Interior Design degree program or related combination.
- Strong technical interiors detailing skills as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD and other related software is a must.
- NCIDQ and/or Registered Architects preferred.
- LEED accredited preferred.