Interior Designer/Project Manager
About this role
Highly organized, discriminating and with a keen eye for luxury, the successful candidate for this role will possess excellent time management skills and be familiar with all phases of design and construction. This role presents a magnificent opportunity to work on high-end residential interiors with a close-knit team and could involve national travel.
- Confidently prepare drawings and plans for all aspects of a project from layout plans to details lighting fixtures to furniture, material finishes, electrical layouts, elevations and planning submission packages
- Facilitate smooth communication with clients both existing and new by guiding conversations and paying close attention to requirements
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with fellow professionals, contractors, artisans and craftspeople to ensure excellence in all construction and fabrication
- Prepare and maintain schedules and specifications
- Clearly interpret and transmit the design intent of the project managers to other team members, vendors, contractor's and other professionals
- Possess in depth knowledge and understanding of custom furniture design including case pieces, tables, upholstery, and window treatments.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a design position and a professional degree in interior design or interior architecture
- Possess in depth knowledge of the interior design industry and the locations to source the finest materials and furnishings
- Clearly propose solutions to problems with a warm verbal, written and visual dexterity whilst thriving in a close dynamic team
- Balance specific experience of residential design with the receptiveness to new ideas and uncommon methods and an uncompromising attention to detail
- Display a high level of technical knowledge of design genres, history, and antiques
- Demonstrate precision in the generation of graphic presentations and drawing sets having knowledge of the software including AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office.